The content of this course has been mapped to the underpinning knowledge within the following unit on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF): Understand the use of communication in customer service – Level 2
Good communication is fundamental to the delivery of good customer service. Most of the messages we send other people are nonverbal. In fact, non-verbal methods account for 50-80% of all human communications and can include for example; body language, appearance, posture or facial expressions. Verbal communication consists of two primary types, speech and writing, both of which are skills that must be mastered to avoid communication breakdowns.
This online training course has been developed to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding needed to provide good service to their customers, and can be used either as a standalone course, or used to compliment face-to-face training such as role play.
This course will cover the following learning outcomes:
- Understand non-verbal communication techniques when delivering customer service.
- Understand verbal communication techniques when delivering customer service.
- Understand when communication with a customer should be referred to someone else within the organisation.
This unit is a mandatory unit within the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service (QCF)
- Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service (QCF)
Topic areas covered include:
- Non-Verbal Communication Techniques
- Verbal Communication Techniques
- When Communication With A Customer Should Be Referred
Although developed for those undertaking the Level 2 Understanding the Use of Communication in Customer Service, this course is also suitable for anyone who is seeking training in customer service and customer care.
With approximately 64 interactive screens, it is estimated that this course will take approximately 1 – 2 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning course you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout.
On completion of this course you will be able to print a Virtual College certificate.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.